Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Inexpensive Wall Art~

Our back hallway is quite tight, approximately 4X5, with three, yes THREE doors.  One leading to the laundry room to the left, one leading to the garage straight ahead and one for the coat closet on the right.  Not an easy space to decorate. And a fun place to play what's behind door number??? when guests are trying to leave.

I did makeover an Ikea Rast dresser a few years back that fit the one wall we do have perfectly.  We use it to hold all of our phone chargers, cords, headphones, etc.  Mostly things we need to grab before heading out on a trip.



A few months back, I decided to change out the artwork that hung above the dresser. Again, I am limited with space as the light switch is on that wall. Obiviously designed by a man!
We originally had some colorful bird prints hanging in the space. (the rug has been since changed out as well, and I am considering updating the dresser...on the to do list)

I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so I decided to create my own.  Easy peasy...a couple of my favorite quotes, Microsoft word, a cute font, and hit print! Pop them in the frames I already had and done.

I love the reminders when walking in and out the door.


I have to share a funny regarding these.  My folks were here for Easter dinner. My mom happened to notice the prints, and a few others I have around the house. She asked where I got them.  I told her I made them.  She asked how?  I told her on the computer...Microsoft word, pick a quote, pick a font, and print.  She said, you can do that?  Change the font?  LOL My dad who is a computer genius, said "why yes, as soon as you learn to master your email!" Let's suffice to say, my momma isn't tech savvy.  She still prefers her T-9 flip phone! UGH!!!


12 comments:

Ron said...

Great quotes! I love the mom story. She sounds like mine. xo

designchic said...

A perfect choice for above the chest! Love that you made them and the frames are great! Happy Tuesday!

Stacey said...

I love great wall decor ideas! Favorite quotes are perfect. :)

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Love your prints! Isn't is so neat that we can make our own? I love being able to create something like this so quickly. And my mom is the same way...up until a few weeks ago, she thought text messages and email were the same thing. She thought if someone texted her, it would show up in her email and vice versa. I'm STILL explaining her iPhone to her on a daily basis. Lol!

Beaufort Belle said...

That is a difficult area to decorate but you've done so well! I love the prints and will definitely be doing some of my own. Cute story with your mom.

XOXO, Jennifer

Laura said...

Lol! Cute story about your parents! Love the art,Lauren! Such a great idea!

Unknown said...

I love this simple prints Lauren. And I love story about your mom as well. Parents are so cute sometimes.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Very cute story about your Mom. The prints are lovely Lauren. Have a great week.

Andrea Nine said...

I adore the prints and the sweet sentiment! Beautiful story and beautiful you!!

Gypsy Heart said...

Cute story although I can empathize with your Mom. It's the real techie things that get me...HTML, trying to change colors on the blog, etc. :)

Love your prints! I like to have inspirational things all around too. It's amazing how many people comment on them too.

xo
Pat

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Love these little affirmations...brightens the day when you need it most
Come by for a visit, would love to get your thoughts on my latest design! Happy Weekend hun!

Xx-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Beautiful art work and so sweet ! Xo